The very soul of the British pub or boring brown beer? Good value or desperately undervalued? The future of craft beer or a dusty old relic?
Where exactly is cask beer at?
– Roger Ryman (Brewing Director; St Austell Brew Co)
– Ben Duckworth (Director; Affinity Brew Co & Cask Festival)
– Matt Eley (Editor; Cask Report)
– Jane Peyton (Resident Beer Sommelier)
Available to download and listen at:
We all know that beer can contain so much more than just water, malt, hops & yeast – and there is always something new to try.
Emma highlights four breweries – two from the UK and two from further afield – that are doing interesting things with ingredients that fall slightly outside the norm.
- Liquid Light Brewing Company (Nottingham, UK)
- Gara Guzu (Turkey)
- Jake’s Saffron Beer (Kent, UK)
- Lowlander (Netherlands)
- and resident beer sommelier, Jane Peyton.
In this world of unparalled choice, where kegs, bottles and cans of all styles constantly cry out for our attention, what’s the value of cask ale?
Emma hosts a panel discussion about the value of the pint in your glass – not just the price, but the history, the provenance and the meaning of cask ale.
- Gary Sillence (Head Brewer, Brighton Bier)
- Mark Hazell (Publican & co-owner of The Evening Star, Brighton)
- James Hayward (Brewer, Iron Pier Brewery, Gravesend)
- Jane Peyton (drinks writer & educator)