Today’s episode is the very first Fermentation Bitesize – occasional single-guest specials featuring the best of the contemporary beer scene.
Collaboration is the theme of the discussion and today’s guest has pulled together a truly monumental collaboration between 12 brewers from all parts of the UK and 12 brewers from right across Europe. The project is called ‘Citizens of Everywhere’ and the person behind it is Justin Hawke, founder and head brewer at Moor Beer.
The full list of breweries involved in the project, and the European Union achievement they will be following is:
- Boundary X White Hag – ease of travel
- Five Points X Bevog – enhanced security & crime prevention
- Fyne Ales X Beerbliotek – protection of workers’ rights
- Gipsy Hill X ToOl – creation of the Schengen Area
- Lost & Grounded X Mahrs – protection of the environment
- Moor X Lambrate – cross cultural collaboration
- North X Stu Mostow – peace in Western Europe
- Northern Monk X Guineu – greater consumer rights
- Ramsgate X Pohjala – spread of democracy
- Siren X Kees – enhanced economic trading
- Thornbridge X Brasserie de la Senne – scientific & technological cooperation
- Tiny Rebel X Mont Saleve – education exchange